Them Vibes bleed rock n’ roll.
Formed in East Nashville’s underground rock scene in 2013, the band quickly shook the foundations of Music City with their blitzkrieg live show and soulful songwriting. Influenced by the rhythmic sway of The Faces and T-Rex and infected with the raw energy of the Rolling Stones and the Black Crowes, Them Vibes have injected new life into the anemic arm of what currently passes for mainstream rock n’ roll.
Co-founded by singer-songwriters Brother Love and Alex Haddad, Them Vibes released their debut record, Shine On, independently and began hitting the Nashville and Austin scenes as a five-piece band playing coveted gigs at the High Watt, The Basement, The Mercy Lounge, The Continental Club, the Blue Bird Café and SXSW. Since then Them Vibes has headlined The Tomato Music And Arts Fest, opened up for the Flaming Lips at the Sound Harvest festival, as well as opening for such classic artists as Lynyrd Skynyrd and Molly Hatchet.
Them Vibes finished working on their follow-up EP TV, in October 2015, with seven-time Grammy award-winning producer and engineer Richard Dodd, who has worked with the likes of Tom Petty, George Harrison, Counting Crows, The Civil Wars, Kings of Leon and Wilco.
Since their release the psychedelic rock single “Mammas Gotta Secret” has taken radio by storm, with national radio play on over twenty stations nationwide. Their songs have also gained the attention of network television, garnering placements on ABC’s Nashville, NBC’s Grimm, Fox’s Cooper Barrett, and CMT’s Redneck Island.
- In January 2016 Them Vibes headlined a monthlong 27 show tour across Europe where they played to standing room and sold out crowds.
- Headlined the Tomato Fest, one of the biggest rock and indie music fests in East Nashville as well as SXSW, Sound Harvest, Music City Hot Wing Festival
- Opened for major acts such as Lynyrd Skynyrd, Molly Hatchet and the Flaming Lips
- There latest release was the five song EP, TV, produced by the legendary Richard Dodd who has worked with Tom Petty, Kings of Leon, and George Harrison to name a few.
- "Mamma's Gotta Secret" has received national radio play on AAA and college radio; spinning heavily in Nashville, Knoxville TN, Lexington KY, Birmingham AL, New Jersey, Baltimore, Ocean City, MD, Ferndale, Santa Rosa CA, Eugene OR, St. Louis, MO, Columbus, OH and many more to great acclaim
- Their songs "Shine On", "Hit N Run", and "I Kinda Like It" have been featured on ABC's Nashville, NBC's Grimm, Fox's Cooper Barrett's Guide To Surviving Life, CMT's Redneck Island.
- Selected twice for Lightning 100's "Local Artist of the Week" featuring Lorelei, off the debut album "Shine On", and Mamma's Gotta Secret from their latest EP "TV".
"THEM VIBES delivered tons of oxygen with an exceptional passion, energy and respect for the roots but with their own special and furious mark. Steamy, sweaty & intense. Ace crafted jams, smoking swagger. They state that they bleed rock & roll. Trust me, they really do. Sell them your soul. You will not regret it, not one single shot…"
- Turn Up The Volume
"If you want four pure slabs of good old, get-down, no fucking around rock and roll and one in-your-face acoustic-based blues, you have to get your hands on TV. Them Vibes have all the right vibes, thank God."
Well on their way to resuscitating a standard of timeless music that has been diminished in our popular culture, Them Vibes are building a repertoire full of sensual and grainy sounds with personalities and hearts to match.
- Lockeland Springsteen
Photo credit Sundel Perry